NFI Industries, also known as National Freight, Inc., is a leading supply chain logistics company operating in North America. Founded in 1932, the company has a long history of providing freight shipping services, transportation, and logistics solutions. With over 4,000 tractors and 9,000 trailers, the NFI fleet is one of the largest privately held transportation and logistics organizations in North America.
The NFI Fleet
NFI owns its own trucks, with a fleet that consists of a mix of tractors, semi-trucks, vans, and trailer equipment. The company operates a combination of company-owned and contracted vehicles, with the majority of its fleet consisting of company-owned tractors and trailers. NFI works with a network of independent contractors and carriers to provide the necessary capacity options to meet its customers’ shipping needs.
The company’s business model focuses on providing logistics solutions to meet the specific needs of its customers. NFI does not contract to smaller fleets, instead working directly with independent contractors and carriers to provide the necessary capacity options. This allows the company to maintain control over its fleet and ensure that the vehicles used to transport its customers’ goods meet its high standards for safety and maintenance.
NFI’s fleet size is significant, with over 4,000 tractors and 9,000 trailers. The company operates a variety of types of vehicles, including tractors, semi-trucks, vans, and trailer equipment, with the majority of its fleet consisting of tractors and trailers. NFI’s fleet is made up of new and well-maintained vehicles, with the company investing in new equipment to ensure that its customers’ goods are transported safely and efficiently.
When it comes to NFI’s fleet safety, the company has a comprehensive safety program in place to ensure the safe operation of its vehicles. This includes regular vehicle maintenance, driver training programs, and compliance with federal regulations governing commercial vehicle safety. Despite these measures, NFI trucks have been involved in accidents, with some resulting in serious injuries or fatalities. In these cases, NFI’s commitment to safety may not have been sufficient to prevent the accident from occurring.
For example, in 2018, an NFI truck was involved in a fatal accident when the driver lost control of the vehicle, causing it to roll over. The driver was pronounced dead at the scene, and the accident raised concerns about the safety of NFI’s fleet. In another incident in 2020, an NFI truck was involved in a multi-vehicle accident, resulting in several injuries and the closure of a major highway for several hours. These types of accidents highlight the importance of retaining an experienced truck accident lawyer to help injured parties recover the compensation they deserve.
Were You Injured in a Truck Accident with NFI?
If you are involved in a truck accident, it is important to take certain steps to ensure that your rights and interests are protected. Here are 10 suggestions for what to do in the aftermath of a truck accident:
- Seek medical attention: Even if you feel okay after an accident, it is important to see a doctor as soon as possible. Some injuries, such as concussions, may not show symptoms right away.
- Report the accident: Report the accident to the police and file an official report. This will help you later on if you need to file a claim or take legal action.
- Get the driver’s information: Get the name, address, phone number, and insurance information of the truck driver and any other drivers involved in the accident.
- Take photos: Take photos of the accident scene, the damage to your vehicle, and any injuries you sustained.
- Get witness information: If there were any witnesses to the accident, get their contact information. Their statements may be valuable if you need to take legal action.
- Keep track of expenses: Keep receipts and records of any expenses related to the accident, such as medical bills, car repairs, and lost wages.
- Contact your insurance company: Contact your insurance company as soon as possible to report the accident and start the claims process.
- Don’t speak with the trucking company’s insurance adjuster: The insurance adjuster may try to get you to make a statement or sign a release in exchange for a quick settlement. It’s best to speak with a truck accident lawyer first.
- Retain an experienced truck accident lawyer: A truck accident lawyer can help you navigate the claims process and ensure that your rights and interests are protected. They can also help you recover the compensation you deserve for your injuries, expenses, and losses.
- Be patient: The claims process can take time, especially in truck accidents, which often involve complex legal and regulatory issues. Be patient and allow your lawyer to handle the process on your behalf.
Additionally, it is important to consider the type of truck involved in the accident. Different types of trucks, such as tractor trailers and semi-trucks, may have different regulations and requirements for maintenance, inspection, and operation. Federal regulations require trucking companies to adhere to specific safety standards and guidelines, and failure to do so can lead to accidents and injuries.
It is also important to be aware of the company’s policy and carrier safety record. Companies with a history of safety violations or accidents may be more likely to be involved in future accidents. Therefore, it is important to investigate the trucking company’s safety record, including any incidents or violations, before retaining an experienced truck accident lawyer.
Furthermore, it is important to keep in mind that trucking companies and their insurance carriers often have teams of lawyers and adjusters working to minimize their liability and payout to accident victims. This is why it is crucial to have a knowledgeable and experienced truck accident lawyer on your side to represent your interests and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Finally, it is important to keep in mind that the aftermath of a truck accident can be overwhelming, both physically and emotionally. You may be dealing with medical expenses, lost wages, and other financial strains, as well as physical injuries and emotional trauma. That is why it is important to be patient and to allow your truck accident lawyer to handle the process on your behalf. They can take the necessary steps to ensure that your rights and interests are protected and that you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries, expenses, and losses.