Ruan is a transportation and logistics company headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa. Founded in 1932, the company operates in all 50 states and employs over 7,000 people. Ruan specializes in a variety of transportation services, including dedicated contract carriage, bulk transportation, and supply chain solutions. The company’s fleet consists of more than 5,000 tractors and 13,000 trailers, making it one of the largest privately held trucking companies in the United States. With such a large fleet, there are obviously bound to be issues within the company. Sure enough, there have been many Ruan driver complaints, all with implications of dangers posed to others on the road.
The Top 10 Ruan Driver Complaints
Ruan drivers have reported several issues with the company, ranging from operational concerns to safety violations. Here are the top 10 complaints of Ruan drivers:
- Low pay: Many Ruan drivers have complained about the low pay they receive for their work. Some drivers claim that they are paid less than the industry standard for their job duties, while others have reported not receiving overtime pay.
- Long hours: Drivers have reported working long hours without adequate breaks or time off. Some drivers have reported working up to 70 hours per week, which can be both physically and mentally exhausting.
- Poor communication: Many drivers have reported poor communication from Ruan management, which can lead to confusion and mistakes on the job. Some drivers have reported not receiving proper instructions or being left in the dark about important changes.
- Lack of support: Drivers have reported feeling unsupported by Ruan when dealing with difficult situations on the job. Some drivers have reported not receiving adequate training or equipment to perform their job safely.
- Inadequate maintenance: Some drivers have reported concerns about the maintenance of Ruan’s fleet, claiming that trucks are not properly maintained and can be unsafe to operate.
- Safety violations: Drivers have reported several safety violations by Ruan, including failure to comply with federal safety regulations and failure to properly secure loads.
- Unfair treatment: Some drivers have reported unfair treatment by Ruan management, including discriminatory practices and favoritism.
- Lack of benefits: Some drivers have reported not receiving adequate benefits, including healthcare and retirement benefits.
- No job security: Drivers have reported concerns about job security, claiming that Ruan has a high turnover rate and does not provide adequate job stability.
- Unpredictable schedule: Some drivers have reported an unpredictable schedule, which can make it difficult to plan their personal lives and schedule appointments.
How can these complaints cause problems for others on the road?
The complaints of Ruan drivers can have serious consequences for others on the road. For example, low pay and long hours can lead to driver fatigue, which can increase the risk of accidents. Poor communication and lack of support can also lead to mistakes on the job, which can put other drivers at risk. Inadequate maintenance and safety violations can lead to mechanical failures and accidents, which can cause serious injuries or fatalities. Unpredictable schedules can also lead to rushed and unsafe driving.
Has Ruan addressed these complaints?
Ruan has acknowledged some of the complaints made by its drivers and has taken steps to address them. For example, the company has increased driver pay in some areas and has implemented new safety measures, such as adding collision avoidance technology to its trucks. However, some drivers and industry experts feel that Ruan has not done enough to address the underlying issues that lead to these complaints.
Have these issues ever led to accidents on the road?
There have been several accidents involving Ruan trucks in recent years, some of which have been attributed to the complaints made by Ruan drivers. For example, in 2018, a Ruan truck driver crashed into a group of pedestrians in New York City, killing two and injuring several others. The driver had reportedly been working long hours without adequate breaks or time off. In 2020, a Ruan truck was involved in a multi-vehicle crash on a highway in Colorado, which resulted in several injuries. The driver had reportedly been driving for an extended period without proper rest.
What can I do if I was in an accident with Ruan?
If you were involved in an accident with a Ruan truck, it is essential to take immediate action to protect your legal rights. First, seek medical attention for any injuries you have sustained, even if they seem minor at the time. Then, contact the police to file a report and collect information about the accident. Be sure to obtain the contact and insurance information of the Ruan driver involved in the accident.
Next, contact an experienced accident attorney who can help you navigate the legal process and ensure that your rights are protected. An attorney can help you gather evidence, negotiate with insurance companies, and file a lawsuit if necessary. It is important to act quickly, as there are strict deadlines for filing personal injury claims in most states.
Hiring an experienced accident attorney is crucial if you were injured in an accident with Ruan because these cases can be complex and challenging to navigate. An attorney can help you understand your legal rights and options and can work with you to build a strong case that demonstrates the negligence of the Ruan driver and the company.
An attorney can also help you deal with insurance companies, who may try to downplay the severity of your injuries or offer a low settlement amount. Your attorney can negotiate on your behalf to ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
If you were involved in an accident with a Ruan truck, it is essential to take immediate action to protect your legal rights and seek the guidance of an experienced accident attorney. By doing so, you can ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve and hold Ruan accountable for any negligence on their part.
In conclusion, by addressing the complaints of its drivers and taking responsibility for any negligence on their part, Ruan can help ensure the safety of all drivers on the road and prevent accidents that can lead to devastating consequences.